Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1: WOW.

Not to be a negative nelly, but this is not the post I expected to be writing. I'm normally not a pessimist, but after 8 months of negative ovulation tests, I didn't expect to have a positive one on the first round of Clomid.

Day 14 went, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. I called my doctor on Day 20 and asked "on what day do I consider this a failed cycle?" She told me to keep testing for three more days, it's in the realm of possibility that I'll still ovulate. She ordered a blood test too to have my progesterone levels tested, which I did yesterday, on Day 21. 

Yesterday morning, I had the blood test. I went home a noon and did an ovulation test. The test line was noticeably darker than previous tests. Whoa, but I thought it was a fluke. Not a positive test yet, but noticeably darker. I took a picture of the test so I would know what it looked like to compare the evening test to it.

So, yesterday evening, I tested again, around 6:45. The test was even darker! I was excited at this point because wow, COULD I BE OVULATING SOON?

So, I stayed up a little late to test again around 10:45. BIG FAT POSITIVE! (picture below)
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I guess I've been stuck in the mindset of "must get my body back to functioning normally" that to now have a positive OV test... it's crazy! Now instead of getting my body back to normal, I can switch gears and start actually thinking about CONCEIVING.

Of course, all of this is hopeful. There are still many other things that can go wrong, and our chances of conceiving each month (since I'm 31.5) are still only about 15% (which is normal). But still. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment